How to be a friend
Factors as to why suicide is on the rise for children.
The pressure to conform to an ideal or create an image. This can negatively affect a child’s self-worth, identity and sense of belonging.
The mental health stigma around seeking help
- Cyberbullying is a type of bullying that happens online or through text messages or emails.
- There are things you can do to protect yourself.
- Always think about what you post. You never know what someone will forward.
- Being kind to others online will help to keep you safe.
- Do not share anything that could hurt or embarrass anyone.
- Keep your password a secret from other kids. Even kids that seem like friends could give your password away or use it in ways you don’t want.
- Let your parents have your passwords.
- Think about who sees what you post online. Complete strangers? Friends? Friends of friends? Privacy settings let you control who sees what.
- Keep your parents in the loop.
- Tell them what you’re doing online and who you’re doing it with.
- Let them friend or follow you.